As you might have seen if you read last month's Brand New Nailcare From GOSH post, I've been trying my best to look after my nails and thanks to a handful of fantastic products my nails have never looked better. Following on from that initial nailcare post, I have another exciting brand new range of products that you will definitely want to check out if you're looking to look after your nails, particularly as the cold weather starts to roll in.
I've been putting the Elegant Touch Nail Apothecary range to the test since the collection first launched and there are definitely some real winners that you'll want to add to your nail care routine sooner rather than later.
01. Cuticle Elixir* - If, like me, your cuticles definitely look like they have seen better days (I'm talking dry and slightly hard cuticles that just make your hands and nails look a little unsightly), then this might be the holy grail product for you. I honestly can't believe the difference that it has made and what I really like about it is the fact that it isn't greasy or slimy in the slightest, when so many other cuticle products are. It absorbs into the skin and cuticles in a matter of seconds and feels really nourishing on the nails too.
02. Cuticle Eliminator* - Whilst I'm not one for completely removing all traces of my cuticles, I know that many are and if so, well then this is the product for you. The solution feels almost like a gel on the skin, which wasn't exactly what I was expecting but it does do exactly what it says on the bottle; it eliminates cuticles. And when I say eliminate what I actually mean is that it softens the cuticles, allowing for them to be pushed back and/or removed. Out of the two cuticle related products mentioned in today's post I'm definitely more of a Cuticle Elixir kind of girl but that really is just personal preference.
03. 24Kt Gold Ridge Filler* - Now this product is a bit of a game changer for me as it combines two nail care related products in one. Not only does it help to fill in the little ridges that I have on my nails but it also works as a fantastic base coat which helps to prolong any colour applied thereafter. I don't have the worst ridges when it comes to my digits but on my thumbnails it's a bit of a different story and I can actually see and feel a big difference after applying this.
04. Toughflex Base Coat* - If all you're looking for is a base coat that does everything that you could ever wish it to then it's time to pick up Toughflex. I have a feeling that this will be a lifesaver for anyone who's nails are prone to splitting or breaking and then you get the added bonus of it being a base coat which will prevent staining, especially now we'll be starting to grab the darker, vampier Autumn/Winter shades to adorn our nails with. Like all of the Nail Apothecary products it dries incredibly quickly too.
05. Super-matte Top Coat* - Now I've been meaning to pick up a matte top coat for months and months yet whenever I find myself at a nail polish stand I end up adding more colours to my already overflowing nail polish collection. And my collection now feels like it has had a second lease of life since as soon as you apply this top coat it completely transforms every one of your existing polishes. I can't wait to try it out on some of my glitters this party season!
06. Gel-effect Top Coat* - In a similar vein to the gel top coat that GOSH have just brought out (which I reviewed here), this polish adds a new texture to your nails and gives them that glossy yet gel-like finish. Basically if you're looking for the effect of gel nails without any of the hassle or without having to go out and buy a gel formulation of your favourite shade then this is the one product for you.
So what do you think of the Nail Apothecary collection? Have any of the six products caught your eye? And what are your top tips for keeping your nails in tip top condition?